PanelAlpha functions as a centralized hub that can oversee numerous hosting servers, with a particular focus on hosting WordPress instances.
At present, PanelAlpha has been seamlessly integrated with a well-known shared hosting control panel, Plesk. This seamless integration provides an all-encompassing control panel for shared hosting environments.
- Web Pro Edition - a minimum required Plesk Edition to successfully connect with your Panel Alpha
Access your PanelAlpha admin area, then navigate to the Configuration section in the side menu and select: Servers → Hosting Services. Here, you will find a list of servers that are already installed, including the one added during the platform installation via the wizard.
A form will appear, fill out all the required data to successfully add the server:
- Name - enter the server name
- Type - select the type - choose DirectAdmin
- IP/Hostname - enter the server IP address or hostname
- Username - enter your account username
- Password - enter your user password
- SSL Verification - keep it disabled to get successful results of the test connection
- Test Connection - check if connection is successful
Before you can continue to the next step, you must test the connection, only of the connection is fine, you will be allowed to move further. Next, you will be asked to perform some additional steps:
- Download the connector required for the installation process.
- Next, log in to your Plesk panel as an administrator and navigate to the 'Extensions' section.
- Once you're in the 'Extensions' section, proceed to the 'My Extensions' tab and choose the 'Upload Extension' option. If, for any reason, the 'Upload Extension' button is not active, you'll need to install the free 'panel.ini editor' extension. Here's what to do:
- Search for 'extensionUpload' and copy it.
- Go to the editor tab and paste this setting.
- Scroll down to the last line and change it from 'false' to 'true'.
- In the newly opened window, select the 'PanelAlphaWpCli.zip' package for upload, and then click the 'OK' button.
- After successfully uploading and installing the plugin, you will find it listed in the plugins' section.
- Finally, verify if the integration test is successful. Click on "Add Server" to finalize the process.